Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Moose and Quilt

This is a really big moose.  I'm not sure what she is thinking but maybe she was meditating.  She wasn't eating or exploring; she just stood still and chilled for a while.  She really was huge.
Moose
John has finished his contribution to the 2010 International Quilt Association's Silent Auction Fundraiser.  This little quilt is 18"x18" and is called "seedling".  It is machine pieced and quilted.  No, it is not paper pieced.  And no, Kate and I are not finished.  Kate is hand quilting and I still have borders to put on and then frantic machine quilting.  I'll bet a lot of you know about frantic machine quilting.  Well, back to work.

Brooke

4 comments:

Peggi said...

Wow, it's absolutely gorgeous! Now I want to make one!

Anonymous said...

Some very lucky person will win this one. I am stunned to think it is not paper pieced. Bravo. It is beautiful.

Jennifer said...

John, I am the winner of this little beauty and I just wanted you to know how much I am enjoying it!! Thank you for contributing this to the Silent Auction Fundraiser! I too am impressed with such tiny pieces and all the work that must have gone into this little quilt. I will treasure it always!!!

Brooke said...

Thank you Jennifer for the nice note and for buying John's quilt. I hope you have just the spot for it. Thanks again! Brooke