Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Little Red Truck




Kate, Kevin and I had a little adventure this weekend - Kevin drove us down to Casper, Wyoming to take a look at a used pickup. Well, it was just what they wanted so he and Kate bought it and now there is a perfect spot for the dogs to sit and back seat drive.

Casper is 4 - 5 hours from Billings and a little farther from Red Lodge via the interstate. I decided to come back on the secondary roads west of the interstate. I'm glad I did - I hadn't seen that part of Wyoming for so long. Some things have changed but not the mountain views. The Wind River Canyon outside of Thermopolis (world's largest hot springs) is a beautiful sight and I was thrilled when Heart Mountain came in to view since I grew up in a town east of that landmark.

I also took a photo of Red Lodge from the Bearcreek Hill which is east of town. You can still see the snow on some of the ski runs across the valley. You can't see Rock Creek but I could hear it from the hill; it is very high right now and roaring away. Well, it was a nice road trip and, wow, what a spiffy truck!

John got in late Sunday from teaching in North Carolina. What a total pain it is to fly anymore. I felt sorry for him since not one of the 4 legs of his trip went as scheduled. I know he worries about getting to the engagement on time and with his quilts; would be nice if the airlines were a little more predictable.

Brooke

1 comment:

FLO_rancher said...

A nice little red truck. I agree a person never gets tired of the wide open spaces of Wyoming. I had an uncle that lived at Thermopolis we journeyed there each summer to enjoy the swimming pool. My husband had an uncle that lived at Shoshoni, he owned the grocery store there. Good to hear John arrived home safely from his teaching ventures. Remember there is always a good reason if you are late. Me and flying don't mix I keep my feet firmly on the ground. Looking forward to see in John in Scottsbluff, NE.